New York And New Jersey Domestic Abuse Lawyers
Have you been accused of domestic violence? Has your spouse been abusive toward you or your children? Don’t assume everything will be okay once the initial pain and anger subsides. Whether you are being accused of domestic abuse or concerned for the safety of you and your children, it is important to retain an experienced New Jersey domestic violence attorney to guide your through the legal process.
At the law firm of DiLorenzo & Rush, our experienced lawyers have been helping people throughout North Jersey and southern New York deal with domestic violence and spousal abuse issues since 1997. Our offices are in Hackensack and the Bronx, conveniently located next to major roadways.
Allegations of domestic abuse can have serious ramifications in regard to divorce and family law matters, including child custody and visitation, child support and alimony. If you have been accused of spousal abuse, DO NOT admit to the allegations without first talking with an attorney. There is a lot at stake, and talking without first understanding your rights and your options may prejudge your rights during divorce proceedings and custody determinations.
If you have been abused or are living in fear of abuse, we can help you obtain a restraining order or order of protection.
- In New Jersey, once a restraining order or order of protection is granted, it is permanent and stays in place indefinitely until the plaintiff asks for removal or the court grants an application made by the party against whom the restraining order was entered against.
- In New York, restraining orders and orders of protection are issued for set periods of time, usually six months to one year or more.
It is important to remember that domestic abuse is not just physical in nature, but can be psychological and emotional as well. We can help you if you have been accused of, or have been the victim of any of the following types of abuse:
- Physical abuse, battering, and any other type of domestic assault
- Intimidation and verbal abuse
- Threats of violence made to you or your children
- Stalking or harassment
- Violations of restraining orders / orders of protection
Contact A Bergen County Lawyer With Questions About Protective Orders
Don’t wait until the situation gets out of hand before you take action – contact us today. Whether you are the victim or the accused, you deserve proper representation by experienced lawyers who are familiar with the domestic violence laws of New York and New Jersey. Call 718-537-9885 or 201-212-4027.
With offices conveniently located in both the Bronx and Hackensack, the skilled attorneys at DiLorenzo & Rush are just minutes away. Flexible appointments, including off-site and evenings are available. We charge reasonable fees and accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.